Saturday, March 21, 2009

We are SO blessed!

Over the past few years Curtis has traveled about 50% of the time. While it was very difficult having him be away all the time, the pay was good, and we just didn't have any other options. When things got really bad during my pregnancy, he asked his boss if he would be able to stay home until I delivered. His boss agreed, and he has not traveled since last October. During this time, he interviewed for several jobs, and finally was given an offer with Cheveron, that was too good to turn down. On Wednesday of this week, he started the job, which required him to travel to Rangely, Colorado, where he would spend 2 weeks, and then be home for 2 weeks. I was so sad to say goodbye to him on Wednesday, but we really felt it was what we had to do, as this was an incredible opportunity. When I spoke to Curtis Wednesday night, he told me that he was really ready to come home, and that he missed his girls terribly (all of us!). This was unlike Curtis, as usually traveling does not bother him too much, because he knows it was he has to do. He told me he had talked to the general manager at his old company and that they were trying to find him a posistion in office, and they would let him know on Friday. I honeslty had little faitht that they would come through, but waited patiently for Friday to see what the offer would be. Curtis called Friday afternoon to tell me that he was given an offer to work under the general manager in Provo! He packed his bags, and got home last night!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad that Curtis gets to come home. That is great news for you guys. We both know what it's like to have husbands gone for long periods of time. Keep praying for us that something will come through soon for us too.

Sarah said...

Yea! That is wonderful!! I just had a dream last night that Curtis got a job offer here in Florida and you all moved back! A girl can dream..lol!

Sarah Stiles said...

But, Sarah, if she moved back to Florida, she wouldn't be near me:-) You Easterners have enough BZers - gotta learn to share with us Western gals:-P

I am so happy to hear some good work news! I know you will all be so happy having Curtis at home. You guys deserve a nice break!

Jenn-Lee said...

Congrats! wow! I know you mentioned he was looking and this is so exciting!!! Yay!

Bugg's mama said...

Taylor ~ that is so super WONDERFUL! I'm so happy for your family.