Thursday, January 19, 2012

Love is in the air.

January is not my favorite month.
It's cold.
It seems long and borning after the holiday hustle and bustle.
And, living out in the middle of nowhere,
it is somehow even worse.
Boredom has hit a new low.
Valentines decorations went up almost as soon as Christmas came down.
I am sure I will add to this,
as the cold continues on...


New wreath I made this year.
My old wreath wasn't in good shape.
And, I hade all this stuff laying around.
I need to switch out the mustard lace still,
but it works for now.


I really junked it up :)
It's my Valentine's theme this year.
LOTS and LOTS of details.


Linen and doilies make me happy.


These little heart pillows have a story.
The darling florist we used for my sister's wedding had little pillows like this.
They were hung on her staircase,
and I loved them!!
I have thought about them since last Valentines day.
She was sweet enough to send me a picture of them a few weeks ago.
I got right to work.
Hearts aren't easy to sew.
Ignore the lumpiness...
I just love them,
and can't wait to put little love notes in them for my girls.
(I will wait until February for that though.)


The infamous "tree".
Are you getting sick of it yet??
I printed little vintage Valentine images on cardstock,
then I embellised them with rickrack, lace, and rhinestones.

I think I am becoming addicted to Holiday decor.




1 comment:

Heather Davies said...

Oooh I love those pillows! You did a fantastic job with them!