Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tonsils: The Real Deal

Now that it is over, I want to document our experience.
The first few days were the "honeymoon period".
It got worse.
Way worse.
Ansley hated the way the pain meds tasted.
All of them
Tylenol with codeine, tasted like vomit she said.
(Lovely, right!?)
Motrin was too strong.
Chewable grape Motrin hurt.
Livvy's Tylenol was "just yucky".
Basically we had to force her to take it,
and threaten trips to the ER.
Which, would have been a reality had she not taken it.
She quit eating for DAYS!
And would wake in the night crying.
It was the saddest thing.
To watch my tough girl in pain.
It has now been 2 weeks,
and she is pretty much recovered.
Except her little voice. She sounds different.
Yesterday was her first day back at school.
I LOVED that when we walked in (late), her class CHEERED!!
It was the sweetest thing,
and I think she loved it too :)
I am glad that we did it,
I am VERY glad that it is just over.
And, I never want to see another Popsicle again.

3 comments:

Shannan said...

Oh man, what an ordeal. I hate hate it when our little ones are sick. There is just sometimes you can't do anything for them and it breaks your heart. I am glad she is better.

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Lol, when Phil got his tonsils out (seven years ago). Everyone warned him how bad it was going to be. He was told that little kids handle it ten times better than adults. So I was really nervous about it. When he woke up after his surgery he immediately asked for me and then to go home. When we got home he sat back on the couch with a bag of potato chips. POTATO CHIPS!!!!!!!! He was back to work on monday. I am so glad that it was clearly ten times easier for him than anyone else I have heard about. I am so glad that she is better!!! :D

Jamie said...

I just found your blog and I have enjoyed reading it. You have a beautiful family. Two of our three girls have had their tonsils out and both times were not pretty. Glad you all made it through.