Thursday, March 10, 2011

Life Lessons: Olivia Kate

This picture was taken Christmas Eve.

I don't remember what happened.

It might have been that I wouldn't let her take the pictures!??

She wasn't happy though.

And, I love this picture.

Not all moments in life are happy.

We have had our fair share of those lately.

I think this 2 year old stage is tough.

I wish I could sugar coat it.

But, Olivia has many unhappy moments these days.

Frustrated she cannot do everything she wants to.

I don't blame her.

I would be sad too if I couldn't use a knife every time I wanted to.

Or if I wasn't allowed to play outside, but my sister was.

Or if I couldn't eat ice cream at every meal.

I mean, life just isn't fair when you are 2.

Or 26.

These are hard lessons to learn.

But, we love our girl.

And we are trying to teach her.

Trying to keep her safe.

2 comments:

Emily said...

yup life is hard and definitely isn't fair sometimes. I'm sure glad I have you for my friend. Why not Ice cream with every meal?

Jamie said...

So true. Great picture.