Thursday, June 24, 2010

She's Back!

After 3 weeks spent with her Dad, Ansley is HOME! And, just as funny as ever. She said several cute things today that I want to write them down before I forget!
First thing this morning when she got home I pulled out my new camera. It's a fancy one, that I don't know how to work. She obviously could tell I was struggling, because she looks at me and says, "I think you just need to wait until Triana can show you how to work that thing!" (Triana is our amazing, and all knowing photographer friend).
Then while we were eating our lunch she says, "Grandma made the best friend squash. This was no ordinary squash. It was breaded like chicken." Who says ordinary at 5??
In the right context no less.
Later in the car (I told you she was really funny today, this isn't even the last story.) Livvy was making whistling noises, and she says, "Guess it's true what they say, the younger ones always do whistle first." I've never heard this, because I'm pretty sure it isn't what "they say" but I laughed. Pretty funny. Ansley cannot whistle. And neither can Livvy. Really. Lol.
And then at the doctor's office (where she was getting tested for strep, I'll post about my crazy week later...) the nurse gave Ansley a cup of water. Of course Olivia then had to have one too. Which Olivia proceeded to dump all over dress. A few minutes later Ansley looked at Olivia and said, "Her water mark looks like Texas." And it DID look like Texas. Did anyone teach her the states? Because I didn't. And my Mom said on the airplane on the little map they had she knew all of them. That girl is too smart...
We have an exciting weekend ahead. I'll update soon!

6 comments:

Tahsha said...

She makes me laugh. So glad the girl is home! Leah's missed her.

Cassie said...

Sounds just like Ansley- smart, halarious, and so cute, yet shocking.

Unknown said...

She is so funny! I cannot wait to see you guys tomorrow! Love u!!!

Katy Grubbs said...

She said some pretty funny stuff while she was with us. Here are a couple:

Preston was grilling outside and she came out with him and said "It smells like wine out here." Preston: "How do you know what wine smells like?" Ansley:"Because Grandma and Millie have been drinking it all day."

On our way to the airport, when we were trying to change her mind about wanting a Burger King cheeseburger, we pulled through the drive-thru at Chic-fil-A. She was pretty insistent that she did not want to eat there and said: I just won't eat anything at all! Katy: Man Grandma, it sure is a shame Ansley won't be getting the chic-fil-a kid's meal toy today. Ansley: I guess I could eat a few chicken nuggets

Miss her already!

ericat18 said...

Love the comment about the squash. I ate quite a bit of that special squash myself these past few weeks.

ericat18 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.