Monday, August 29, 2011

Olivia Kate: Funny Girl

Lately Olivia has been making us laugh. A lot. She is at that very entertaining stage, where every other thing she says has us cracking up. I wanted to write a few thing down to remember.

Ansley, ”Mom, we need to decide what to eat for lunch. We need food.”
Livvy, ”We don't need food, we ate food last night.”

Me, ”You will be going to time-out if you keep crying.
Livvy, ”But, we don't have any stairs!?”
(she always sat on the stairs for time-outs at our old house.)

When trying to get her into her,own.bed at night, and not in ours... As she is climbing up into our bed,
”Livvy, this is not your bed. You need to go get into your bed.”
Livvy, ”no, it's fine.”
We finally get her to her room, and 5 minutes later she is back in our room. We ask her what is wrong with her bed/room.
”It's fine, except Mom isn't in there.”

As we were watching Say Yes to thr Dress one night, Livvy says, ”I wish I could go to Haley Clays wedding day again.” She its obsessed with the day they got ”murried”. Everytime we put on her flowrer girl shoes she starts talking about it. So cute.

She also says ”sure” to everything. any question you ask her, the answer, ”sure”. It is so funny. Strangers laugh and comment whenever they hear this.

Today she cut my hair. This isn't funny, I know, but, when I realized it and screamed (you would too!) She gets right in my face and says, ” Don't scream at me.” She cut my hair, and I was the one suddenly feeling bad. and for the record, she cut a very small section, and it blends. Thank goodness. And rather mine than hers, I have a lot more :)

We love our cute, funny girl.


2 comments:

Heather Vincent said...

If you are able to figure out a way to get her to stay in her room, I would be glad to know. We are having the same issue with my 4 year old. He has SID (Sensory Integration Dysfunction) and comes and gets in my bed around 2am and burrows his way underneath me for that proprioceptive sense his brain doesn't register him getting. Its a really frustrating thing. And, we have tried everything, from bribing him, to making him a bed on my floor (we even bought a HUGE dog bed at Costco so he had some padding underneath him). If you figure out a way to keep her in her own room, let me know, I am open to any and all suggestions.

Unknown said...

I feel awful Ive been such a bad blogger friend! I have been having fun scrolling through all your posts that I have missed. WAY too many. Your little girls rooms are ADORABLE! These comments she makes are so cute! I cannot wait till Sophie starts saying words more clearly and using sentences.I hope you are happy in your new town! Miss u bunches!