Friday, April 29, 2011

Sewing: Easter Dresses

Making the girls Easter dresses is my new traditon.

I just decided :)

This is the second year I have made them,

and I love that I can pick out exactly what I want.

I love spending the hours sewing them,

and seeing the finished product.

This year I made Ansley a skirt, and a dress for Olivia.

I fell in love with this skirt pattern at my local quilt shop.

It was sold out, and the minute it came in a bought it.

This skirt was tedious.

It is a Jona G pattern.

I am a quick sewer.

And this took 5 hours.

It was 88 inches of gathering,

for both layers!!
It made for a very full skirt.

I am happy with the way it turned out,

but will not be using this pattern again any time soon.

Liv's dress is a Juvie Moon pattern.


I had never used their patterns before.

They are darling.

And simple.

I didn't get a great picture of Livvy's dress.

Getting a 2 year old to hold still is impossible.

And I gave up.


The girls got matching outfits for their dolls from the Easter Bunny.

They held their dolls ALL day long.

It made me SOO happy.

Ansley kept pointing out that their dolls had bows :)
This is the best picture I got of them together.

Like I said, impossible.

I tried getting them standing...

That was a complete joke.


A smile from Olivia.

On camera.

An Easter miracle!?

Hehe.


At least one of my girls can cooperate for the camera.

Easter baskets and the rest of Easter coming soon!

3 comments:

Tahsha said...

oh my goodness. They turned out so cute!

Shannan said...

They look beautiful. You are one talented miss. Good Job!Thanks too for helping me learn how to sew and being patient with me.

Briann said...

gorgeous!!! I so need you to make me a dress for Leah and her doll :) I'll pay you! :)