Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ansley's Umbrella Dress

I read a lot of blogs. Craft blogs. Cooking blogs. Pretty blogs.
It's kind of an obsession.
But, I do find great ideas on these blogs.
This dress was one of them.
It is a Leila and Ben pattern I saw on a blog.
I knew it would be the perfect pattern to modify and make over and over again.
I have already made several of them.
I even convinced a few friends that they needed the pattern too!
It is Ansley's favorite dress to wear.
(I added the pockets, it needed something.)
I also think this dress would be darling with a ruffle all the way
down the middle. Who doesn't love ruffles??

I am pretty much in LOVE with the umbrella fabric. Which I found at
Material Girls. CUTEST shop!!
Wish I could remember the designer.
She is a good little model for me :)
Love my Ansley!!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

So adorable!! You are talented with this dress making stuff!!

Heather Davies said...

SO cute! I love the pockets that you added. It definitely adds some personality. Well done!

Sarah said...

What's the blog?? I love that dress and wanna make it too!!!

Unknown said...

That is way cute! Great photos too! I have wanted to try a pattern with sleeves like that for a while. I dont know why it intimidates me. Good job!

Sarah said...

Ordered the pattern... bought some fabric ( I went with butterflies for the dress and flowers for the sleeves and pockets- I love what you did with yours and am copying it completely!!) I can't wait to show you pics!! Thanks!!! :) (too bad we don't live near each other so we could be sewing buddies!)

Heather Vincent said...

What an adorable dress for an adorable girl!!!! I will have to find the pattern.

Shannan said...

Love them, and I already have my material to make it. YAAA. You rock at sewing girl. See you this week and thanks for letting us barge in to your house the other day.